Friday, March 1, 2013

Get to know... Jolene

Jolene... where do I start...

Jolene is a mother to 6 wonderful children and wife to Walt, the Pastor at our church.  Jolene is one busy woman, but she is an amazing friend to so many.  The support that she provides is outstanding.

Jolene has been there for me from the beginning of this trial.  The night I first found out about the cancer, Jolene and her Walt came over to my house and sat and prayed with me.  She gave me books to read, CD's to listen to and really encouraged me when I was most scared.  When I found out that the cancer had come back, Jolene and Walt came to meet Jason and I at my hospital and took us out for dinner and just made me feel at ease with the news.  Both times, they were supposed to having some time alone!  We have a standing joke that every time Jolene and Walt go away for a night away together, I call them needing them!

Jolene has provided so much support to my whole family... she looked after Kayle on Chemo days, she cooked my favorite dinners for me, she has prayed for me and texted me more times than I can remember, she makes me laugh all the time with her crazy photos and videos but most of all she understands.   She just understands so much of what I am going through and it's so comforting to have someone who understands!

Her friendship is invaluable to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment