Thursday, March 7, 2013

Baldy fun!

January 2011... 
I was 3 doses into my first chemotherapy and my hair was beginning to fall out by the handful.  It was a really hard time for me because it made me face the fact that I was 'sick'!  As a female, you are typically supposed to have beautiful long hair and I was now losing that hair and it was extremely upsetting.  With each shower, more hair would fall out and so it was getting harder to stay strong and have a positive attitude.  I would wake up in the morning and my pillow would be covered in long brown hair... my clothes would be covered in long brown hair... 

So, it was time to shave it.  I asked my Mum to help me with shaving it and my younger brother and Dad were there too.  We sat in the bathroom and began shaving.  It was really hard and many tears were shed.  But... what made it easier was knowing that my amazing friend Carrie was doing the exact same thing in America, and she was doing it by choice!

My beautiful friend Carrie, shaved her head to support me and show me how much she loved me!
She had lots of fun shaving hers... our friend Kim, who used to be a hairdresser, did the cutting and she produced some fun cuts!



Carrie was an amazing support!

Carrie and her precious Hannah!

Carrie and her family went to an indoor water part shortly after she shaved her head and an older man asked her if she had cancer and she proudly said... No, I did it to support my friend who does!  I was and still am so very thankful for Carrie and her support!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful friendship you two have! You bless us all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Carrie did this and thought, what a beautiful act of loving friendship. Praise the Lord for those kind of friend!

    ReplyDelete