Monday, February 25, 2013

Grateful!

I got a letter last month from an amazing 12 year old girl... she is the daughter of a lady who is very special to me.  In her letter, she said 'Cancer is a horrible disease and it's not fair'!  I agree!

Did you know...
- Breast Cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer and is the leading cause of cancer death among women worldwide!
- Every 19 seconds, somewhere in the world, a case of breast caner is diagnosed in a woman.
- 1 out of every 18 women is at risk of developing breast cancer during her lifetime.

I think our team would agree with me when I say that we are walking so that no more women have to go through what I am going through.  Cancer is not fun... we all know that!  The treatment is not fun, it exhausts your body, mind and spirit.  It is the last thing I think about at night and the first thing I think about in the morning.  I dream about my cancer and how much I would like to have a 'normal' life... but then I think about all the amazing things that I have experienced because of my cancer and I am actually grateful.  I know it sounds a bit weird to say that you are grateful for cancer, but it's true!

My cancer has allowed me to make and develop many friendships, all of which I am truly grateful for.  They all provide love and support for me every day.  My cancer has allowed me to do new things that I have always wanted to do and never thought I would get to do.  I got to spend Christmas in New York.  I got to learn to ride a horse.  I got to go to Hawaii, something that Jason and I have wanted to do for 9 years!  There are too many things to list that I am grateful for but most of all, I am grateful that I have God in my life to get me through each day.  Each morning I wake up and make a conscious decision to trust the Lord with my life and provide for me and my family.

So... The Faithful Fighters walk so that no one else, man or woman, has to go to bed scared... 
We walk so that no child grows up without their parent...
We walk so that no one has to go through Chemotherapy again!

2 comments:

  1. I know who that 12 year old girl is..........

    ~ Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Matey,
    I am so encouraged by your faith, your walk, your life in HIM! Absolutely amazing! I love you! Great post my sister! xoxo

    ReplyDelete