Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Get to know... Carrie

First of all... let me introduce you to Carrie!

Where do I start with Carrie... when I was first diagnosed with cancer and had to move back to England for treatment, Carrie emailed me, skyped me, called me, messaged me, facebooked me... she was in contact with me all the time to make sure I was OK, to keep me focused on God, pray with me and to study the Bible.  For this, I will always be grateful.  

Losing my hair for the first time was one of the most upsetting things to go through.  As a women, I feel you get some of your identity from how you look so losing my hair made me feel less like a woman.  Carrie knew I needed support, so the day I shaved my head, she shaved hers!  She waited until I was ready to cut my hair and then went through the cutting process with me on the other side of the world.

Carrie is an wonderful wife to Heath and an amazing mother to 4 beautiful girls, Izzy, Hannah, Lacey and Allie.  She works hard every day to provide a God filled, loving environment for her family.  I look at her and see how much she does for her family and I want to do more for mine!

Carrie and I talked about doing this walk a long time ago... we talked about how fun it would be to do, not really knowing if we would ever get to actually do it.  Well, now we are and we are doing it with some amazing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment