Friday, September 13, 2013

1 more week

This time next week, we will be snuggling down in our sleeping bags in our Hot Pink tents in Redmond...

Can you believe that the 3 day, 60 mile walk is in 7 sleeps! 
(That's how we measure time in the Kyser household!)

The Faithful Fighters reached their goal of $16,100 and actually exceeded it... 

We raised a total of $16,831.32 and I don't think all our money matches have be counted yet!

Now... what do we do...?  No more fundraising to do... only one more training walk... what should we do to entertain ourselves?

Make tent decorations....



Search and Find fun things to wear...


And generally, get our final items together. Our packing list has been issued as has our credentials, now all we need to do is purchase any final items and pack!  Oh, and finalise our plans on how to get the Day 1!

Now is the time we need your prayers... pray we all make it all 3 days without any injuries, blisters or pains and strains.  Please pray for me and my weak legs... I am going to be taking a wheelchair on the walk because I can no longer physically walk that far.  also, pray for my AMAZING, SUPPORTIVE, LOVING team who have decided they would rather have me with them than at camp waiting for them, so they have all agreed to share the pushing of my wheelchair when I can no longer walk!

We also have exciting news... Our wonderful friend Sarah is walking with us on Saturday as my medical assistant to give my team a break from pushing my chair!  It'll be so fun to have her on some of the walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment